Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Women's Retreat

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of going on a women's retreat with some of the women from my church. I was actually very hesitant about going as I don't really know anyone that well. However, God truly blessed me on this retreat! It was at a beautiful house on Smith Lake in Alabama. The house sat on a point and was surrounded by water. It was just beautiful! Spring was starting to show and the weather was perfect. I got to know a lot of women better in an uplifting environment. We did the Beth Moore video series "Loving Well," which was great! It was a really good time and I am so glad I got over my own shyness and went!
Below are some pics I took from the retreat:



My favorite group shot.



There was lots of laying around relaxing and talking during the weekend. It was so refreshing! This is my friend Hope lounging.



There was also lots of good food shared around a big table!



Everyone had a gift bag filled with great little goodies but was also for people to write notes of encouragement and kindness to you and place in the bag. When you left the retreat you had a bag filled with goodies and sweet notes!



The daffodils on the property had just bloomed and were so pretty!

1 comments:

Joy said...

What a sweet weekend! I am so thankful that you went and had a great time!!!