Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You never know

So my wonderful, amazing Mom came to Nashville this past weekend to keep the kids while KJ and I went kayaking. The kids always look forward to visits with Grandma and this one was no exception. I think they were even more excited because Mommy and Daddy were leaving. This of course means all the normal rules go by the wayside! Grandma also always has a bunch of projects to do with the kids, it is always a surprise to find out what the kids will be making when they see Grandma. She warned me that we were going to love the yard art that would be waiting for us when we got back. So take a look at our new lawn decorations! Grandma and the kids made these three friendly ghosts while we were gone. Now we get to proudly display these until Halloween has come and gone. Good thing they are kind of cute because I jump every time I walk by the window in the study and see something white outside at night. I am so thankful to have a Mom who makes her time so special and fun with my kids!


If you want to know, they made these with gallon milk jugs, old sheets, and twine. They are stuck on sticks.

1 comments:

Aimee D said...

you can take the hick out of knoxville but you can't take out the hick...i'm sure all those fancy nashville neighbors love your yard art.

All teasing aside, I think they are cute and the memories of making them with your mom are sweeter. I can still remember sitting at the table with my grandmother making lifesavor dolls.