Friday, July 25, 2008

The First Night

I have to say, I was dreading last night. I have heard so many horror stories about sleepless nights with puppies. However, apparently Molly is awesome! She went right into her crate with no fuss. I did not hear a peep from her until I woke up in a panic at 2:30, that she had not woken up to go pee. I had read that young dogs need to pee twice in the night. So I rushed out of bed and dragged the poor, sound asleep dog out of her crate and into the night to pee, where she peed a tiny bit. I put her back in her crate and did not hear another peep out of her until I woke her up at 5:30 again to pee. This time it was pouring down rain and she did not go. So back in the kennel she went until 7:00! I am so impressed with this dog and she is cute to boot! More pics to come soon. Man I wish I had my SLR camera working. Soon though!
So far no accidents!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so glad you had a great night with Molly! Our Samantha was so good her first night too (which, very foolishly on our part, was the night before school started!). She went to her crate with no problem, whimpered for about 10 minutes, and we did not hear from her again until I woke her up at 6 (when I get up)--no accidents through the night! Matt did come let her out over his lunch break the first several weeks, but then we were set. I'm so glad you're having a smooth transition! And one of my best friends back home (Ruthie used-to-be-Scruggs) has a corgi--they are so cute!

Aimee D said...

so glad to hear that things are going well. i was curious how the first night went...so when is KJ going to get up at 2:30 a.m. and let the dog pee??? :)

Joy said...

Still in shock that you guys have a dog now! Wow! ;) I am so glad that things are going well and the kiddos smiles say it all!!!