Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Make This!


If you've got a lot of zucchini laying your house that you don't know what to do with, make this! It is heavenly and the best part is you get two loaves. One to eat and one to freeze for later. Even the kids gobbled it up and I can't seem to stop snitching bites. Yum. Oh, and did I mention how wonderful it smells when it is baking? Oh my! This is too good not to share.

Amazing Zucchini Bread

2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup orange juice
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In large bowl mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla
3. Beat until well blended
4. Add zucchini, applesauce, and OJ, stir well
5. Combine flour with next 5 ingredients
6. Add to zucchini mixture, stir well
7. Add nuts if adding them, stir gently to combine
8. Pour into 2 greased 9 inch loaf pans
9. Bake for 60 minutes, till toothpick comes out clean
10. Let cool in pans 10 minutes
11. Remove from pans and let cool completely
12. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are turning into a crazy baker! i was going to make zucchini bread tomorrow...now I don't know which recipe to use!!!

Joy said...

Wow! You are baking up a storm over there! Thanks for sharing all the tasty recipes! I made zucchini bread just a few weeks ago but I am thinking that I might need to make more! ;)

Anonymous said...

This makes me laugh. I havd two HUGE zucchini plants in my kitchen and I just gave them away because I had no idea what todo with them...I wish I had seen this post sooner;)

Anonymous said...

Wow- bad spelling in my last post...I meant had (not havd)and to do (todo):)