Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Addition

Well we have a big announcement! This is something we were definitely not planning but are pretty excited about, I think..........




Last week, KJ and I took leave of all of our senses and committed to adopting a dog. Molly came to live with us today. The kids are thrilled and Molly seems to be a complete dream. She is not barking, jumping, or biting. Three of my big dog pet peeves. She loves to play with the kids and will let them pet her however they want. She let us immediately slip a collar on her and even doesn't seem to mind the leash to much. I have been reading a great book, Good Owners, Great Dogs, to help be prepared for the new addition. I have absolute no experience with a dog and this book has been great. Molly has, so far, been the model puppy. I was expecting so much and she just seems so mellow and sweet. It may be just her first day though and the hyperness and craziness of puppyhood could hit anytime. However, I think I am more prepared now that I have read this book.

Molly is an 8 week old Pembroke Welsh Corgi. A sweet little herding breed. They are supposed to be super intelligent but in a medium size body. They are supposed to be easy to train and great with kids. So far, I am very impressed. She seems to be a great, welcome, addition to our family. The kids, especially CG, have wanted a puppy for a long time now and are just over the moon with our little Molly. CG keeps asking if we really get to keep her forever. She is just so happy. She loves petting and brushing her. She even sits beside her while she is napping and looks at books and pretends to read to her. It is so sweet! HJ is looking forward to Molly being able to play fetch and soccer which I am sure will come very soon! He loved it today when she chased him around the baseball bases. (Yes we realize our grass needs to be mowed!) So without further ado, here is Molly!




5 comments:

Are We There Yet?? said...

How exciting!! Welcome to the world of dogs...they are wonderful...time consuming, but wonderful! What a cutie pie!

Aimee D said...

totally cute :) can't wait to meet her.

The Simpson Family said...

I'm sure the kids are thrilled! How exciting for everyone!

Jennifer said...

She is so cute. I can't wait until we can get a dog.

MrsSchoon said...

They are the cutest aren't they! Here is my blog about my dogs if you want to check it out. :)

tagtales.blogspot.com