I have been tagged by Jennifer and her blog Lemons and Lemonade to share 7 things you probably don't know about me. This is really hard as I feel like I am a pretty boring/dorky person. By sharing these, I feel like everyone is going to know that now (if they don't already from reading my blog, which is most likely the case!) Okay, here it goes:
1. I love to read! I love to curl up with a good book and get lost in it. Here is a list of some of my favorite authors: Francine Rivers (if you haven't read her yet do! She is a treat. Start with her Mark of the Lion series. It is the best!), Maeve Binchy, Phillippa Greggory (I lover her Tudor England series. And for all you non history buffs, that is a series of books set in the England of King Henry VIII, you will remember he had 6 wives. One of her books, The Other Boleyn Girl is coming to the big screen this month! I can't wait to see it!) , Jodi Picoult, and Margaret Mitchell (Gone With the Wind is one of my favs of all time!).
2. Okay, I can't believe I am going to share this on a blog my grandmother reads but I am! Sorry Nana, this is something that may change your image of me! I have a tattoo. Yikes, did I just share that? Yes I do. I got it when I was a senior in high school on our spring break trip. It is on my bottom. It is a very small outline of a three leaf clover (because when I was 17, I thought that would be really cool forever!) Most of the time I forget about it but every now and then, Kevin likes to throw that bit of info out to people he thinks it will shock and embarrass me! There will be no pictures of it, EVER!
3. Now for those that know me, know that I have never been a morning person. As long as I can remember, I could have happily slept until at least 10:00 am every morning. Well since I have moved, the Lord has had other ideas for me! I now get up no later that 6:00 AM happily!!! I have even been known to get up at 4:30 AM (yikes) to go to a 5:00 am spinning class on days when I have a lot to do. KJ thinks I have lost my mind and doesn't know who this morning person is anymore.
4. I love to cook! I love to bake! Since moving, I am really enjoying learning how to bake with whole wheat flours. I think I am getting pretty good. My friend Aimee has been doing it for years and has been sharing her wisdom with me. I can now mix flours really well and make great muffins, waffles, and breads using a combo of different whole wheat flours. No one misses the white flour because the stuff is so good! Thanks Aimee for all the wisdom. I want to try making brownies with whole wheat next! I also love to just cook dinners and meals for my family and friends. I will probably start doing some posts on what I am making because I can and want to. I will probably bore all of you to tears but I stated above I am a pretty boring person so you are warned! I am so excited to be cooking today for a Super Bowl get together! I am making a couple things I have never made before (mainly wings!) so I will let you know how it goes!
5. Almost everyday, the kids and I troop into the study and have a dance. Our current favorite song to dance to is the YMCA song by the Village People. We go through phases of songs. I dare anyone to download that song and dance to it and not be happy. It is simply impossible to listen to that song and not have your mood pick up and smile! It is fun and the kids love it!
6. This goes along with number 4. I have a cookbook obsession. I have about a million and am always looking for more. I don't know why but I love looking at them and seeing all the possibilities that I could cook.
7. I have an irrational fear of being late. I drive my husband and kids to tears in my need to be on time where ever we are going. It literally pains me to think about being late. I don't know why or where it comes from but something inside me cringes at the thought! I really need to relax a little about it because I really can become a nazi dictator and not a nice person when it comes to being on time.
Okay, I think that wraps things up. I am going to tag Aimee because I can't wait to read what she will write! I would also like to tag a lurker to my blog, my friend from Murfreesboro, Alison, because I have a sneaking suspicion that she has a blog that she has not told me about and if she doesn't have a blog should start one because you have some hilarious stories about life in Murfreesboro (I may not let your parents know these stories as they may file for custody of your kids!) So Alison, if you have a blog, you have been tagged and please leave a comment with a link to it!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Posted by Nashvillians Now at 7:15 AM